Breakfast and After School Club
Breakfast Club information
Children may arrive from 7.30am. Breakfast will be available until 8.20am. Children will be able to enjoy a range of activities, including some of our morning sports clubs. Key Stage 2 children will be able to go directly to their classes from the playground and Early Years / KS1 children will be taken to their classrooms daily. Any child arriving after 8.20 must have breakfast before arriving. This is to ensure that they are able be in their class and ready to learn at 8.45am.
After School Club information
At 3.15pm children from Early Years up to Year 4 will be taken over to the club; children in Years 5 and 6 will walk on their own. All children will be marked on a register for safeguarding and health and safety purposes.
For children using the club from 3.15pm – 4.30pm a drink and a small snack will be provided.
For children using the club from 4.30pm – 6.30pm a drink and light tea will be provided in addition to the fruit.
Children will be encouraged to become more independent in getting their refreshments and snacks, and tidying up their plates and utensils. They will be encouraged to leave the area in a clean manner as they would at home.
Activities will be available from the start of the club at 3.15pm until 6.15pm leaving 15 minutes to allow for children to tidy up and be ready to be collected on time by parents or carers.
The following types of activities will be available
- Varied games suitable for all ages. The variety of games will include board games which would involve the development of social skills and single player games.
- The use of the computer suite, depending on flexibility within school, available for research and games.
- Use of the school library, books and magazines available in a quiet area.
- Variety of colouring, drawing and art materials and activities.
- An area will be available for those who wish to check/do homework (this is children’s choice, not enforced and not to be used as a form of tuition).
- Outdoor activities weather permitting.
- Children will also be able to choose their own activities.
We want this club to be relaxing, enjoyable and seen as a social opportunity where the children spend time with their friends.
Members of staff will be available to interact and play with the children throughout.
Children will be encouraged to pack away any equipment as they leave, and at 6.15pm the remaining children will be assisting staff in tidying away the equipment, in preparation for the closure of the school.
6.25pm children will collect their belongings and be ready for collection by parents or carers.
Please advise the school office of your interest in a place at our club. We need to know if this is a regular booking or ad hoc, and if you would like to pay with vouchers. Once confirmed you will be added to the register in ParentMail and will be able to book your sessions.
We are currently accepting the following vouchers.
n/a - Parents must request OLOL to be added to their account with Bravo
Tax-Free Childcare (Government Scheme)
n/a – search via our Post Code E11 2TA
If you do not see the voucher scheme you would like to use, please contact the school office.